The Torch Bearer Awards is an excellent platform of celebration for the Tourism and Hospitality industry, offering networking opportunities for operators, corporates and sponsors alike.
Why were the Tourch Bearer Tourism Awards created?
The Torch Bearer Awards were established to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all key sectors of the tourism & hospitality industry within the KAZA TFCA.
What are the Objectives of the Torch Bearer Awards?
* Encourage and celebrate creativity, professionalism and innovation.
* Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry.
* Promote business planning amongst KAZA - TFCA tourism operators.
* Encourage the continual raising of standards and reinforce the value of the tourism industry.
* Publicly recognise and reward excellence.
* Reinforce consumer confidence in the tourism industry.
* Provide an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike.
What are the Awards categories?
1. Leading Hotels.
2. Leading Safari Lodges.
3. Leading Backpackers/campsites.
4. Leading Restaurants.
5. Leading Tour Operators.
6. Leading Boat cruises.
7. Leading Game reserves.
8. Leading Overland Tours.
9. Leading Adrenaline Activities.
10. Leading Airborne Adventure.
11. Leading Airlines.
12. Leading Cultural Experience.
13. Leading Night Spots.
14. Leading New Operators.
15. Leading Tourism Personalities.
16. Leading Conservation Activities.
Plus 14 other catergoies to be anounced
What are the Entry Requirements?
1. Nominee must operate a duly registered tourism or hospitality business within the KAZA- TFCA
2. Nominee must also be registered with thier respective country tourism regulation bodies.
Why should I enter the Torch Bearer Awards?
* Achieve excellent business practices as an outcome of completing the business diagnostic process.
* Be recognised as an outstanding tourism operator and raise the profile and reputation of your business.
Benchmark your business against peers and competitors.
Determine the full potential of your business and improve your bottom line.
Increase brand awareness and generate marketing opportunities.
Receive judge’s feedback on your submission and business practices.
Receive brand exposure through media channels.
Celebrate and network with industry peers and colleagues at the Awards Presentation and Gala Celebration
How does the adjudication proccess work?
After nomination, you are required to complete and submit your business submision form. A team of judges comprising 2 judges, journalist and photographer will visit your establishment during the course of the year to review your submissions.
The final adjudication involves the full panel of 20 judges seating down for the selection of the top 3 performers of the year a day before the Awards Ceremony.
Winners will only be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
Who forms part of the adjudication panel?
The appointment of judges is designed to be completely transparent and all judges must meet strict criteria as well as be representative of the tourism industry. They possess a strong knowledge of the operations of the industry and will be, or have been, involved in tourism or a similar service at a senior management level.
Judges are selected from the 5 KAZA countries namely Angola, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The management of the Torch Bearer Awards will at thier discretion appoint guest judges from anywhere in the world, provided they will impart insights on developing industry trends and methods.
What constitutes a finalist and a winner?
All nominees are considered to be finalists, with a total of 360 nominees from the 30 categories.
Each category has 3 winners in principle, depending on the category as follows:
1. Service Excellence Award
2. Environmentally Sustainability Awards
3. Leading Runnerup Award
Are the results audited?l
In the spririt of transparancy all results are audited by an independent Audit company, as appointed by the Directorate.
How do I enter the Torch Bearer Awards?
All you have to do is download our Nominee Submission Form, complete it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with up to 20 photoghraphs of your establishment or business operations.
Can I enter in more than one category?
You may enter into a maximum of 3 categories, however each submission should be done seperately.
If I have more comments or queries, who should I direct them to?
Please direct all you questions, comments and queries to
or call Basil (+263) 775 995 985, Paul (+267) 73 781 500.
What are the Nominee Rules of Entry & Requirements?